The Midnight Game is an ancient pagan ritual that was used in the dark ages to punish those who broke the laws and tradition of the religion. Recently, the game has become popular with kids and teenagers on the internet, who perform the ritual to summon the midnight man. They do it as a dare or as a thrill-seeking exercise, little knowing how dangerous this ancient ritual really is.
WARNING: Do not play the midnight game. It is very dangerous. There is a very real chance of death for those who play the Midnight Game and there is an even greater chance that it will drive you insane. It is highly recommended that you DO NOT PLAY THE MIDNIGHT GAME.
If you do choose to play, you do so at your own risk.
- It must be exactly 12:00 AM when you begin performing the ritual. Otherwise, it will not work.
- You will need a candle, a piece of paper, a writing implement, matches or a lighter, salt, a wooden door, and at least one drop of your own blood. If you are playing with multiple people, they will need their own of the aforementioned materials and they will have to perform the steps below accordingly.
- STEP 1:
- Write your full name (first, middle, and last) on the piece of paper. Put at least one drop of blood on the paper. Allow it to soak into the paper.
- STEP 2:
- Turn off all of the lights in the place you are doing this. Go to your wooden door, and place the paper with your name on it in front of the door. Now, take out the candle and light it. Place it on top of the paper.
- STEP 3:
- Knock on the door twenty-two times. The hour must be 12:00 AM upon the final knock. Then, open the door, blow out the candle, and close the door. You have just allowed the “Midnight Man” to enter your house.
- STEP 4:
- Immediately relight your candle.
- This is where the game begins. You must now lurk around your now completely dark house, with the lit candle in your hand. Your goal is to avoid the Midnight Man at all costs, until 3:33 AM. Should your candle ever go out, that means the Midnight Man is near you. You must relight your candle in the next ten seconds.
- If you are not successful in doing this, you must then immediately surround yourself with a circle of salt. If you are unsuccessful in both of your actions, the Midnight Man will create a hallucination of your greatest fear, and rip out your organs one by one. You will feel it, but you will be unable to react.
- If you are successful in creating the circle of salt, you must remain in there until 3:33 AM.
- If you are successful in relighting your candle, you may proceed with the game. You must continue to 3:33 AM, without being attacked by the Midnight Man, or being trapped inside the circle of salt, to win the Midnight Game. The Midnight Man will leave your house at 3:33 AM, and you will be safe to proceed with your morning.
- Indications that you are near the Midnight Man will include sudden drop in temperature, seeing a pure black, humanoid figure through the darkness, and hearing very soft whispering coming from an indiscernible source. If you experience any of these, it is advised that you leave the area to avoid the Midnight Man.
DO NOT turn any of the lights on during the Midnight Game.
DO NOT use a flashlight during the Midnight Game.
DO NOT go to sleep during the Midnight Game.
DO NOT attempt to use another person’s blood on your name.
DO NOT use a lighter as a substitute for a candle. It will not work.
AND DEFINITELY DO NOT attempt to provoke the Midnight Man in ANY WAY.
Even when the game is over, he will always be watching you…
Midnight Game Experiences
“I lit the candle and ran around the house, freaking out, for about ten minutes. Then, i heard a door slam somewhere and i admit i started crying. It had to have been about three hours and i hadn’t seen or felt anything but an occasional chill. Then, what i imagine was about 3:30, i heard a huge crash in the upstairs bathroom. I freaked out and avoided it for a while then went in. As i went to go out i saw a silhouette and my candle went out. The guy was RIGHT THERE so i basically said ‘screw it’, threw my candle away and threw down the best salt circle in history ever made in the dark. I stood there, shivering my brains out, for about three minutes when i suddenly heard the front door open, and all of my friends ran into the house yelling for me. The lights all came on, and my friend looked at me, and i just collapsed. Scariest thing ever. I do NOT recommend playing the midnight game.”